All over the world news reporting is threatend by violence and abuse of freedom of expression, by prior censorship and captured mass media. Hence this debate wants to share insights on why important issues and current events are not covered by the mainstream media. The participants will discuss their own experiences and global perspectives on how to preserve the right to publish.
- Melody Patry (GB): Introducing the Index of Censorship on a world level
- Thiery Chervel (D): editor in chief of Perlentaucher,
- Antoine Kaburahe (BI): leading Burundian journalist
- Rudi Vranckx (B): leading VRT war correspondent
- Abdualla Maksour (SYR): Jounalist & International Trainer for Safety Journalism for IFJ
Moderator: Jean-Paul Marthoz